PERMEABLE FLOATING COVER
ThermaCoverTM is a permeable floating cover system that provides effective odor and air emissions control for manure storage structures, waste retention ponds and other odorous lagoons. ThermaCoverTM’s unique design allows rainwater to pass through the cover while scrubbing the odorous gases—eliminating the sizable cost and maintenance of collecting and pumping these substances. Additional benefits include insulating properties to aid in the anaerobic process, blockage of sunlight to prevent and halt algae growth, and a tenfold reduction in the loss of water due to evaporation. Previously, the only available permeable covers to offer an aerobic environment were made from straw, peat-moss or similar organic materials. However, these materials lack proper buoyancy, structural integrity, vulnerable to wind, rain, hail and even fire damage.
ThermaCoverTM permeable floating cover systems are easy to install and maintain. It can be installed to travel up and down as water levels change. Sample ports and hatches are safely and easily accessible by using walkways on the surface of the cover. A cover weight system is not needed, as winds cannot lift the cover off the surface of the water. Instead, a simple anchor system at the perimeter can be used.
- Permeable, which prevents the build-up of rainwater, so no pumps are required
- Reduces the evaporation rate by over 99%
- Eliminates algae and odor emissions
- Prevents contamination from airborne debris
- Reduces wave impact
- Light, flexible and easy to install
- Long-Life, as XLPE material is impervious to most chemicals and retains its properties in temperatures ranging from -50 C to +65 C
- Custom roll lengths available