INSULATION & DRAINAGE
Water proofing of basements and foundation walls is only half the solution when it comes to keeping these areas dry and leak proof. Foundation walls should have complete draining systems in place to relieve the hydrostatic pressure in order to extend the life of the waterproofing membrane, regardless of the source of the moisture. This issue can also be compounded by the damage caused by backfilling operations.
ThermaGreen offers the complete solution to these problems with our drainage and insulation boards. These drainage boards are lighter, provide faster drainage rates while also protecting against damage caused by backfilling operations.
Our drainage boards come with a non-woven geotextile that is physically bonded to one side, preventing fine particles from entering and causing clogging. Additionally, our product acts as insulation to below grade living space, keeping basements warmer and dry. R-Values are typically R-3.85 per inch, whether saturated or dry. Besides the energy savings and improved interior comfort, Thermagreen drainage boards reduce the risk of mould and condensation on cold basement walls.
- Protects waterproofing membrane against backfilling operation
- Removes groundwater
- Prevents build-up of hydrostatic pressure
- Acts as thermal insulation
- Quick and easy installation – light, flexible and easy to cut
- Time saving (one product for two applications)
- Qualifies for LEED, as our product is made from recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly, as it is made from inert material and does not leachout
- Long lifespan