IMPERMEABLE FLOATING COVER
ThermaCoverTM is the market-leading choice for projects requiring an impermeable gas-tight floating cover system, including floating covers for algae and methane collection, oil and gas frac lagoons, evaporation ponds, waste lagoons, and water storage reservoirs.
ThermaCoverTM is made from closed-cell PEX foam, which provides excellent buoyancy and thermal insulation properties. These values remain the same regardless of the product being wet or dry. Even if the impermeable liner is ever compromised, the PEX foam will not become saturated or degrade. ThermaCoverTM can be manufactured in custom roll lengths, providing job-specific fabrication and faster installation of an impermeable cover.
- High compression and tensile properties
- Thermal insulation values remain the same wet or dry, providing a stable temperature for the microbes and bacteria to operate in
- Sufficient buoyancy to provide a 300% safety factor in the event of heavy rain, snow and hail loads
- Reduces evaporation loss
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions by capturing and combusting methane from stored manure, anaerobic digesters, and lagoons
- Prevents contamination from airborne debris
- Eliminates odors
- Collects biogas to be converted as a renewable energy source
- Increase the nitrogen and sulfur content of the stored manure in an anaerobic lagoon due to reduced ammonia and hydrogen
- Custom roll lengths - light, flexible and easy to install
- Environmentally friendly
- Long-Life with little to no maintenance